|Anonymous | Login||08-18-2019 07:10 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Docs|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details [ Jump to Notes ]||[ View Advanced ] [ Issue History ] [ Print ]|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007044||[Squeak] Multilingual||minor||always||05-13-08 14:33||04-05-10 18:43|
|Summary||0007044: MNU StrikeFont>>fontArray when exiting Morphic project with Accujen as default font|
Set Accujen as your default font.
Create a Morphic project, and go into it.
Jump to previous project and the above error occurs in Latin1Environment>>isFontAvailable
This seems to be resolved by a minor change to LanguageEnvironment>>isFontAvailable, as attached.
I'd appreciate it if someone who knows their fonts could confirm this is an acceptable solution.
|Attached Files||font-fix.1.cs [^] (312 bytes) 05-13-08 14:33|
(0012089 - 811 - 883 - 883 - 883 - 883 - 883)
Please provide more detail including the image you are using. I'm unable to replicate this in 3.10-7159. After setting the font these are my font settings:
standardDefaultTextFont Accujen Normal points: 10 height: 12
standardListFont Accuny Normal points: 10 height: 12
standardFlapFont Accushi Normal points: 12 height: 15
standardEToysFont BitstreamVeraSans Bold points: 9 height: 12.0
standardMenuFont Accuny Normal points: 10 height: 12
windowTitleFont BitstreamVeraSans Bold points: 12 height: 16.0
standardBalloonHelpFont Accujen Normal points: 9 height: 12
standardCodeFont Accuny Normal points: 10 height: 12
standardButtonFont BitstreamVeraSansMono Normal points: 9 height: 12.0
As far as I can tell from your description I needed to only change the default text font. Is that correct?
(0012090 - 515 - 551 - 551 - 551 - 551 - 551)
Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. It's in a variety of 3.9 images including Squeak3.9-final-7067 and a recent 3.9 dev image from Damien's site - sq3.9.1-7075dev08.05.2, and yes, changing the default font is enough to trigger it.
I've now checked in 3.10 and it's been fixed with exactly the change I identified, with quite an old timestamp: wiz 10/26/2006 22:58, so it's unfortunate it's still hanging around in 3.9 images.
I guess you can mark this as applicable to 3.9 only, and close it off.
(0012094 - 645 - 723 - 723 - 862 - 862 - 862)
Hi mykdavies , Hi ken,
This bug has a long and ongoing history. And can use a new pair of eyeballs and fresh braincells. Welome aboard.
Please check the other stuff and then say if you still think your fix is worth trying.
If you are up for it a full study of fonts, their problems and how they might be solved would be really helpful. We've got to train an expert on this at some point.
The method in question #isFontAvailable contains a broken bug fix based on wrong assuptions about the relation of fonts, fontArrays and the like.
See 0005309 for the start of the trail.
Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace
|05-13-08 14:33||user356||New Issue|
|05-13-08 14:33||user356||Status||new => assigned|
|05-13-08 14:33||user356||Assigned To||=> KenCausey|
|05-13-08 14:33||user356||File Added: font-fix.1.cs|
|05-13-08 18:07||KenCausey||Project||Squeak Packages => Squeak|
|05-13-08 18:09||KenCausey||Category||Any => Multilingual|
|05-13-08 18:11||KenCausey||Note Added: 0012089|
|05-13-08 20:16||user356||Note Added: 0012090|
|05-15-08 05:03||wiz||Relationship added||child of 0006570|
|05-15-08 05:11||wiz||Relationship added||related to 0005309|
|05-15-08 05:19||wiz||Note Added: 0012094|
|04-03-10 19:06||KenCausey||Reporter||user356 => MAD|
|04-05-10 18:43||KenCausey||Assigned To||KenCausey => MAD|
| Mantis 1.0.8[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2007 Mantis Group
78 total queries executed.|
44 unique queries executed.